Vegan Arborist Ltd Websites (‘our Websites’) include www.veganarborist.com, www.veganarborist.co.uk, shop.veganarborist.com and any sub-domains of such sites unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
We encourage you take a few minutes to read through and contact us if you have any queries. In the event of any changes to our approach, we will update this policy and post the latest version on our Websites.
Email address: [email protected]
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you believe that any of the Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate, and you have created an account with us you can manage some of your Personal Data and preferences from within your account settings. You may also contact us using the details above.
3. Collecting your Personal Data
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us during your use of our Websites. This can range from Non-Personal Information, such as the search terms you ask us to search against, to the Personal Data you are required to submit where you wish to sign up to an account on one of our Websites.
When you use our Websites, we may ask you to provide certain personal data, such as your contact and identity details (including, but not limited to, name, address, date of birth and email address), certain other background details for example banking details, tax information and employment history, and in some cases information about you in connection with your use of our services. We may supplement the personal data you provide to us with information about you that we receive from third parties. We refer to all of this personal information – both what you provide us and what we collect from other sources – as your “Personal Data”.
Other information that our Websites collect from you is linked to non-personal identifiers such as anonymous User IDs or device IDs and does not enable you to be identified as an individual in the offline world (“Non-Personal Information”). Such Non-Personal Information includes things like your browser type, the type of device you are using, access times, the website you arrived at our Websites from, the features you selected and your general geographic location.
We collect certain Non-Personal Information directly from you as you use our Websites, as well as indirectly where it is provided to us automatically by the third party application, social networking site or other website (such as a promotion partner) from which you may connect into our Websites.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
· Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
For Vegan Arborist Ltd
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
Any of your Personal Data that is collected by Vegan Arborist Limited or its affiliates will be kept confidential by Vegan Arborist Limited and its affiliates. As part of our business processes, we may share your Personal Data as follows:
· We may disclose certain of your Personal Data to third-party service-providers solely in the course of their provision of services to Vegan Arborist Limited, and you acknowledge and agree that in doing so your Personal Data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. We will take reasonable precautions to ensure that these service-providers are obligated to keep confidential any of your Personal Data that they use.
· We will share your Personal Data with third parties for processing outside our control and for their own purposes in the following two scenarios: (1) where you make a purchase with a third party retailer via our Websites, any Personal Data you submit as part of the sign up and purchase process will be shared with that third party in order to ensure the purchase has been processed; and (2) where you expressly authorise us to, such as where we run a promotion in conjunction with a partner and you instruct us to share your email address with that third party for the purpose of receiving promotional emails.
· Non-Personal Information, such as fully anonymised datasets containing aggregated usage information on our Websites or trend-level product insights, may be shared by us with third parties. As described above, third party advertising businesses may collect Non-Personal Information from you via cookies and other tracking tools.
· We may disclose your information where necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements.
· We may disclose your information if necessary to prevent, detect or prosecute illegal or suspected illegal activities or to prevent other damage or in response to a legal action against us or to enforce our rights and claims.
· We may disclose certain detail of your Personal Data if we are required to do so by law, regulation or the order of court or other legitimate government body or arbitration panel. This includes, among other things, any Personal Data that may be requested by HM Revenue & Customs and the Financial Conduct Authority.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA and where this is the case we will ensure an adequate degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
· We will only transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
· Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
· Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
“Cookies” are small files that reside on your computer’s hard drive, generally contain an anonymous unique identifier and are accessible only by the website that placed them there and not any other sites.
We may set and access cookies on your computer. In addition, we may gather certain information about you, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, and the details of any website you linked from to the Website. We do this in order to enable us to provide the services available on the Website and to monitor and improve the Website.
To the extent that we have third-party advertisements on the Website, those third parties may also place, set and access Cookies on your computer. They do this to track how many unique users have seen a particular advertisement and to provide advertisements that are more relevant to a given user’s interests. We do not have access to these cookies, and other than allowing them to be served, we play no role in these cookies at all.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. In addition, you may delete cookies that have already been placed on your hard drive. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling or deleting cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the Website.
8. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We may intercept, record and/or monitor any communication(s) (including telephone calls or other electronic communications) between you and us for the following purposes:
· To establish the existence of facts relevant to our activities; for example, to keep a record of information given via telephone where it is necessary or desirable for us to record the information provided during that conversation;
· To ascertain compliance with relevant regulatory or self-regulatory practices or procedures; for example, to ensure that we are complying with our own policies and procedures and with applicable laws;
· To ascertain or demonstrate standards that are, or ought to be, achieved by our personnel; for example, for quality control and staff training; and
· To prevent or detect crime; for example, to monitor for or to detect evidence of fraud or corruption.
We determine the nature and extent of call recording appropriate for the above purposes taking into account:
· The importance that we attach to the sensitive and responsive handling of all calls and the need for rigorous quality control and staff training to achieve this;
· The importance that we attach to identifying, remedying and addressing the root cause of any calls which are not regarded as a good experience by our customers, recognising that such calls are likely to be isolated occurrences; and
· The results of any data protection impact assessment in relation to call recording; and
· We use all reasonable efforts to ensure that callers are aware of the recording of telephone calls. We treat a caller’s election to proceed with a call following the playing of a pre-recorded message notifying them of call recording as that person’s consent to the recording of such calls in accordance with the notification provided.
We do not make call recordings available to any third parties, unless legally obliged to do so. We will not retain telephone recordings for any longer than necessary for the purposes for which they are collected or as required by our data retention policy or other legal requirement, whichever is longer. We have determined that we have a legitimate interest in recording telephone calls in accordance with this policy and that the importance which we attach to such call recording as described in this policy for the purposes set out in this policy are not overridden by the privacy rights of the relevant data subjects.
In the case of communications by email you should note that, as emails are not encrypted (and may therefore be intercepted by third parties) and as the identity of the sender cannot be confirmed, you must NOT provide your security details by email and should avoid providing any Personal Data to us by email.
11. Your legal rights
Depending on the facts and circumstances related to the personal data we collect or obtain about you – including, for example, the nature of the information we process or where you are located or reside – you may have rights regarding the personal data we hold about you afforded under relevant data protection laws. These may include the right to request information about, or access to, the personal data we hold, and rights to complain about how we handle your personal data. We are committed to honouring rights you have been afforded under data protection laws while ensuring that such rights are exercised in accordance with our other legal and ethical obligations.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data to request:
· access to certain information concerning your personal data and the way we are processing it;
· correction of inaccurate or incorrect personal data;
· erasure or restriction of inaccurate, incorrect personal data or personal data unlawfully processed;
· to stop certain processing, at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, including profiling, and to stop any processing, at any time, where it relates to direct marketing;
· to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, enabling you to transmit the personal data to another data controller; and
· right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us:
Postal address: GDPR Requests, Vegan Arborist Limited, Tax Advisory Partnership, 14 Devonshire Square, London, London, United Kingdom, EC2M 4YT.
Email address: [email protected].
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.